Thursday, May 20, 2010

Time FLIES!

Seriously it just felt like yesterday, that me and my best buddy Zane were snuggling away. Before he could walk or crawl.

He used to hold food in his mouth for HOURS w/o swallowing it. I guess he was just saving it for later. He has the silliest giggle and could make me smile on the worst of days. He was always such a lover. Still is. But these days he can be a bit on the devilish side. I guess he learned that from his older brothers. I always said Zane would be the momma's boy and live with me forever.

Today Zane graduates from preschool. *sigh* Not really sure where that time went. Seems like just a blink of an eye ago I was potty training him. Then teaching him his ABC's and how to write his name. And then watching him get on/off the school bus for the first time broke my heart. Soon he will grow up and be more obsessed with girls than his momma. Oh how I dread that day.

So I take the time each and every day to snuggle and get hugs and kisses from my younger kids. One's who still think mom is the coolest person ever. One's that will be so fussy and cranky, but when mom walks in the room, a BIG smile comes on their faces.

My oldest, the big 1-0 year old (yeah the one thats about to enter into JR HIGH SCHOOL), tries to give me the 'side hug, the i really dont want to hug you in front of everyone but I think I have to, kinda hug'. I'll steal kisses from him when we are home without all his friends around. I tell him I love him constantly.

So even though there are days I want to pull my hair out because of the terrible two faze, sleepless nights, potty training (err, pee all over the house), teaching them to walk, and talk, kissing boo boo after boo boo, and breaking up fights; I still try to hold on to this young age stage for as long as possible...

Even if I walk into a room and see this....



Yes, that is a cracked EGG on my carpet...

And this...



Maybe he was really just trying to help... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment