My next paper is due next week...one that I haven't even began writing yet. I'm the type that when the vibe hits, I can sit and write non stop for hours. It hasn't hit yet. I finally decided on a topic.
I'm good with comparing/contrasting simple things like apples/oranges, winter/summer, long hair/short hair, babies/older kids, you know easy things to write a 1000 word paper on. But instead, we had to chose a controversial topic or music. Abortion was the first thing that I thought of. But since I know my teachers stance on politics, I opted not to voice my opinion on Pro Life. Just about every other topic that ran through my head also interfered with me thinking about how he feels about the topic. Maybe I'm a bit jaded about thinking too hard into these things. My Jr high art teacher (also my ex-father in law) ruined it for me. We had to make clay sculptures; me and one of my friends made basketball players. Me a UK player, her a WKU player. I got a C while she got an A. I never understood. I know im not a professional art person, but I do think mine was at least decent. He told me years later it was because of his hatred of UK. News that would have helped me THEN!
So, I've decided to compare/contrast The Beatles-Mozart. He liked my idea in class today saying he hadn't read one like that before, so hopefully that will help.
Now if only I can get my brain in the writing mode (well obviously it hasn't stopped my blogging, but I thought this might give me a kick start).
No comments:
Post a Comment