We call Miles the 'sour-patch kid.' He's exactly like the commericals. He will be a complete devil and then in a blink, turns into such a sweetheart. This morning was one of those.
He woke up super early, which wasn't working for us. Paul gets up with him and is scrounging around the kitchen still half asleep. Surprised the coffee pot was FILLED with coffee. Miles was whining non stop wanting his vitamin. Even after he got it, still the whining didn't stop. He should have slept another 2 hours at least. Then he gets some breakfast and makes sure he gets some for his sister too. It's like his body knew it was Friday and that Lilly would be home from preschool today. So sweet. He kept saying 'some for Lilly too mom?'
I love my suburban. I really do. I could use a 15 passenger van some days, but just can't do that to myself. It's always destroyed though. It's the one thing that gets put on the bottom of the priority list. I'll clean it, and then the next day it's destroyed again. Some people have said not to let the kids eat/drink in there, but they've never sat in the awful school car line for 30 min with two screaming toddlers and a 4yr old diva. So yeah, snack time. But a homeless person could really LIVE in it. If your hungry, I'm sure you'll find snacks under the car seats, leftover juice boxes and sippy cups throughout. Books, toys, pencils, paper, anything to keep you occupied. Clothes, socks, extra pairs of shoes in case you need a quick change. Cd's from all types of music, DVDs ranging from carebears, to spongebob, to alvin and the chipmunks. There's enough change in there to feed my family at a nice restaurant. Old broken cell phones, pony tail holders, diapers, wipes, empty water bottles, you name it, it's there.
Everyone says their kids are the smartest kids ever. But I really think Oliver IS. 14 months old and he amazes me everyday. Repeats everything you say, and when you say 'lets get a diaper' he grabs his clothes like he knows exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe he's ready to be potty trained? Yeah, not going there just yet AGAIN. Climbs out of his bed, shakes his head no when you say bedtime. Loves taking a bath and will run full speed at the mention of the word. He can find the older kid's stash of candy, special toys, or special items without hesitation. No matter how well they hide it.
No comments:
Post a Comment